The Intercultural and Volunteering House
An Intercultural and learning third place in Marseille
A multicultural area such as Marseille and its region needs a space adapted to and dedicated to educational and mobility.
This intercultural and learning third place will allow the preparation and international mobility projects of young people and to promote sustainable human development through the development of intercultural sensitivity among young people.
A historical place :
We have decided to set a target of €80,000 for this fundraising campaign…
but more if we feel like it!
This sum is intended for the work that will take place. It is part of a larger financial project involving our institutional partners: the City of Marseille, the Metropolis, the Departmental Council and the State. In addition, we are applying for a contribution from the FEDER.
This is a modest sum in view of the scope of the project and, more importantly, it is entirely feasible with a joint effort to create this essential place that will contribute to the development of open and inclusive civil societies.
This place belongs to all of us and together it will grow!
Thanks to you, we will renovate this building and offer this part of the city a resource centre around educational mobility, volunteering, and local and international intercultural dialogue!
The development and renovation of the House of Interculturel
and Volunteering as a space for intercultural meetings
It is now necessary to undertake major development work.
In the long term we will find
• A ground floor shared between the office of Une Terre Culturelle and a common living space including an information and orientation resource centre, a working room, a kitchen and its modular refectory allowing to welcome meeting groups and daily activities.
• Collective accommodation in the attic and part of the first floor, with an independent entrance
• The second floor and part of the first floor will be dedicated to work and activity rooms
• An extension to provide more accommodation and a veranda.
• Rooms that will be used for exhibitions, activities and intercultural events events.
What will the funding be used for?
Provisional schedule for the implementation of the works
Reciprocity is a core value of all our actions :
What are the benefits for you ?
· For individuals : You can make a donation entitling you to a tax reduction of of 66% of the amount paid. The reduction applies within the limit of 20% of taxable income.
So if you believe in this project full of desire, initiative, exchange and encounters